The Donut style
Things used: A headscarf and pins (optional)
- First, depending on the size of your scarf you might have to fold it into half or just a little bit (I used a maxi scarf so I folded mine in half). Then place the scarf on your head from back to front (as seen in the first image above) and tie.
- Next, twist both long ends of your scarf together.
- Taking the twisted part, place it gently on your head and lay it round to form a circle (see third image) till you have just a little bit left then tuck it under the doughnut/circle you have formed.
- Incase you are scared it would tumble down; you can pin down your doughnut to secure it.
- The result should look like the fourth image.
NB: You can play around with the style and make the doughnut face whatever side you think looks best. If the center isn’t working for you, you can move it a bit to the side.
The Side Plait
Things used: Two headscarves (A maxi and one smaller scarf)
- To start, fold your scarf into half then place on your head from back to front and tie loosely.
- The reason for tying the first scarf loosely is so you don’t have to struggle to get the other one in the middle.
- After putting the second scarf in between the loosely tied scarf, you tie it properly so it can hold the second scarf tight.
- You’ll have 3 or 4 ends depending on length of your other scarf. If you can do a plait with four ends go ahead. If not condense two ends and make it one so you are left with 3 ends then plait (as seen in third image).
- When you are done plaiting, place it on your preferred side then tuck in what’s left.
- The fourth image (above) is the final look.
NB: Alternatively, if don’t have an extra scarf, one scarf could work too (see image below). You place the scarf back to front and twist the two ends like the doughnut style above (you may choose to tie before twisting or twist without tying it at the front) then place it on any side you want. Simple!
Things used: A headscarf, puffy hair clip (optional), and pins (optional)
- Fold your scarf in half or just a bit depending on the size of your scarf.
- Place on your head front to back (as seen in first image) then crossover (second image) or tie, whichever you prefer.
- Then take the ends and cross over again on top (see third image), the tuck in what’s left.
- It should look like the fourth image when you’re done. Pin where necessary if need be.
P.S: Big hoops and statement earrings go well with these quickies👌.
With Love From Ola 💋 xoxo